A schedule or master plan of a project is a process which predicts or estimates the date of delivery of the product. It fixes the deadlines and estimates the time duration of the project. It consists of various factors which constitute a project from start to finish like, resources or raw materials, labour and equipment and finance.
All these factors are taken into consideration before drawing up the schedule of a project.
Requisites for project scheduling:
- The WBS (work breakdown structure) should be drawn in detail before starting the project. This WBS will have to be effectively applied.
- The work dependencies will be identified and lead and lag times will be determined.
- The budget should be estimated and allocated for each activity. The total cost of the project will have to be calculated.
- The resource breakdown structure has to be in place. Resources need to be allocated accordingly to each job.
- The risk factors and other unforeseen delays will have to be accounted for.
- The project schedule will be updated as the project progresses and actual time duration for each activity has to be recorded
- Each activity or job is tracked and assessed and the required changes are made while optimally following the schedule.
Project scheduling is done with the aid of PERT( project evaluation and review technique) and CPM( critical path method) which have been discussed in earlier unit.
The project scheduling aids in providing a definite timeline of a project. It provides for assessment and monitoring of the project. It accounts for the uncertainties of the market, unforeseen environmental factors and unexpected delays and accordingly an alternate feasible schedule is drawn to accommodate such factors.
Online Solution Project Scheduling Help:
Online Tutor WBS, PERT, CPM :
If you are stuck with a Solution Project Scheduling Homework problem and need help, we have excellent tutors who can provide you with Homework Help. Our tutors who provide Solution Project Scheduling help are highly qualified. Our tutors have many years of industry experience and have had years of experience providing Solution Project Scheduling Homework Help. Please do send us the Solution Project Scheduling problems on which you need Help and we will forward then to our tutors for review.
Online Tutor WBS, PERT, CPM :
We have the best tutors in math in the industry. Our tutors can break down a complex WBS, PERT, CPM problem into its sub parts and explain to you in detail how each step is performed. This approach of breaking down a problem has been appreciated by majority of our students for learning WBS, PERT, CPM concepts. You will get one-to-one personalized attention through our online tutoring which will make learning fun and easy. Our tutors are highly qualified and hold advanced degrees. Please do send us a request for WBS, PERT, CPM tutoring and experience the quality yourself.
Other topics under Production Planning:
- Capacity Planning
- Control of Production
- Economic Size Industrial Unit
- Facility Layout
- Gantt Chart
- Planning & Control of Batch Production
- Planning & Control for Job Shop Production
- Planning & Control of Mass Production
- Planning and Control of Projects
- Procedure of Production Planning & Control
- Purpose of Production, Planning and Control
- Routing, Routing Sheet