GANTT CHART FOR CREATION OF WBS, STRUCTURE DEPENDENCIES AND DEFINE MILESTONES.
Gantt chart is a diagrammatic or graphical depiction or illustration of time duration of activities against a given time period corresponding to the master schedule. It is a horizontal bar chart to keep track of progress of a project. It is a very important tool for planning and scheduling of a project. It helps in assessing and analyzing the progress of a particular project.
ADVANTAGES OF A GANTT CHART
- While planning and scheduling a project, Gantt chart depicts the time duration of each individual activity or job entailing a project.
- It defines the order in which each activity is to be performed for a smooth and scheduled progress of the project.
- It is a very important monitoring aid as it illustrates the lead or lag time of all the activities.
- It also depicts the corrective steps taken to put the project back on schedule in case of a delay.
- It also illustrates the work dependencies between successive activities.
- It also defines the milestones achieved.
- It also specifies resource allocation for each task and the subsequent usage of these resources.
- It also shows the status of each activity/job as it is completed, whether or not it has been on schedule.
- It is also an important reporting tool.
- It helps in evaluation and appraisal of the progress of the project.
Example of a basic Gantt chart is as follows: it shows the progress of a project which has been divided into 3 minor tasks or jobs labeled A, B and C. These have been completed over an year with equal time of 4 months allocated to them. The horizontal blocks show the progress.
Gantt charts can also be made for a daily schedule. These are particularly handy for academic institutions which by means of a Gantt chart can depict the daily progress of curriculum subjectwise. A milestone Gantt chart illustrates important events in a facility. A gantt chart for dependencies is also a very important tool for tracking progress. For example, if we follow the development of a product from its conception to delivery, a Gantt chart would illustrate the exact time duration taken by every individual activity like, market research, conception and design, planning ( budget and resource allocation), production, feedback, remedial or corrective actions, evaluation.
Online Solution Gantt Charts Help:
Online Tutor GANTT CHARTS :
If you are stuck with a Solution Gantt Charts Homework problem and need help, we have excellent tutors who can provide you with Homework Help. Our tutors who provide Solution Gantt Charts help are highly qualified. Our tutors have many years of industry experience and have had years of experience providing Solution Gantt Charts Homework Help. Please do send us the Solution Gantt Charts problems on which you need Help and we will forward then to our tutors for review.
Online Tutor GANTT CHARTS :
We have the best tutors in math in the industry. Our tutors can break down a complex GANTT CHARTS problem into its sub parts and explain to you in detail how each step is performed. This approach of breaking down a problem has been appreciated by majority of our students for learning GANTT CHARTS concepts. You will get one-to-one personalized attention through our online tutoring which will make learning fun and easy. Our tutors are highly qualified and hold advanced degrees. Please do send us a request for GANTT CHARTS tutoring and experience the quality yourself.
Other topics under Production Planning:
- Capacity Planning
- Control of Production
- Economic Size Industrial Unit
- Facility Layout
- Planning & Control of Batch Production
- Planning & Control for Job Shop Production
- Planning and Control of Projects
- Planning & Control of Mass Production
- Procedure of Production Planning & Control
- Project Scheduling
- Purpose of Production, Planning and Control
- Routing, Routing Sheet